Organise a group of people to practise and then go door to door singing Christmas carols. Instead of asking for money, why not surprise your neighbours by giving a gift instead? You could give some chocolate coins, or something with a spiritual significance such as a candle, a prayer, or an invitation to a Christmas carol service.
- Make sure your singers are wearing big smiles - it seems obvious, but it's surprising how many people fail to smile when singing!
- Involve people of all ages. It is always extra special when you can involve both the old and the young.
- Dress up for extra effect. At least put on a tinsel scarf!
- Wrap up warmly. We don't want you catching a cold!
- Surprise your local pub and sing carols for the customers.